Thanks to Healthy Food Media for this recipe! The recipe was passed to me by someone who saw the footer about my blog at the bottom of my blog and passed the recipe on. What can I say – each cookie is like a piece of chocolate peanut butter heaven. There is nothing more to add, except that they have become a complete favourite with the 50% of our household who love peanut butter. If you eat them when they are warm, they are still soft and the chocolate is all melty and lovely. Yum. Here’s the recipe:
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 2 eggs or egg substitute equivalent
- 1 and a half cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 170g dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Mix all but the chocolate together in a bowl until well blended.
- Stir through the chocolate.
- Shape into teaspoonful sized balls and place onto a baking tray lined with paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 180 degrees C – until lightly browned.
- Leave in the oven for another couple of minutes, then remove and cool on the tray.
- Store in an airtight container.
Here’s the original recipe link from Healthy Food Guide. You’ll notice that I’ve doubled the quantities and added a couple of extras. Don’t leave the cookies in the oven for too long or you get slightly burnt cookies.