I took the opportunity of a lunch time visit from my parents to experiment with a new recipe. This is a combination of recipes made into one, and is a (tangential) step on my quest to make an egg-free, gluten-free, lemon meringue pie! This dish is best if you can refrigerate it for a couple of hours, or even up to four hours, but will do fine if it has only had an hour or so. This is quick to make, is light and delicious and tart, but also creamy and well, velvety. Hence the name.
- 1 packet gluten-free arrowroot biscuits (or similar plain biscuits)
- 50g melted butter
- Grated rind of one lemon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 250ml cream cheese
- 100g icing sugar
- Grated rind of 3 lemons
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 125g white chocolate, melted
- 300 ml cream, whipped
- Grease and line a flan dish, either ceramic or metal.
- Grind up biscuits until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Add ginger, lemon rind and melted butter to the breadcrumbs and stir until all are mixed thoroughly.
- Press the biscuit mix into the flan dish and put refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, until cool.
- Place the cream cheese, lemon rind, lemon juice and icing sugar into a bowl, and whisk until all combined.
- Pour in the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Lastly, fold in the whipped cream.
- Refrigerate filling for at least an hour.
- Spread filling into base, and allow to chill for at least another hour if possible.
- Serve just as is!