I have a new favourite summer dinner which is quick and easy and extraordinarily tasty! And it’s all due to two new products I’ve found. The first, I sampled at the Gluten-free Food and Allergy Show this year and it was the Sealord Gluten-free Crumbed Fish Fillets. At the time, couldn’t think of any way I would use them. Then I came across Gerry’s Go No Gluten Wraps at a reasonable price, and EUREKA! A yummy new dinner, and what’s more, it’s one the whole family can enjoy, although for them, they just eat the regular fish and wraps.
- Sealord Gluten-free Crumbed Fish Fillets (1 for each wrap)
- Gerry’s Go No Gluten Wraps
- Guacamole or avocado
- Sour cream
- Sweet chilli sauce
- Salsa cruda (recipe below)
- Grated cheese (optional)
- Chopped tomato (optional)
- Prepare the salsa and guacamole a little before you are ready to serve the dinner.
- Cook the fish according to the directions – about 25 minutes in a hot oven.
- Heat the wraps in a cast iron frypan just before serving.
- Either assemble the tacos before serving, or let everyone assemble their own with the ingredients that they want.
And this is the result:
The fish is tasty and the crumb is light. The wraps are very nice, and I found that they stayed nice and fresh in the fridge for a week or so after opening the packet. They are best warmed through, either in a cast iron frypan or microwave or oven. Best of all, they’re readily available at my local Pak n Save!
- Half a red capsicum, finely chopped
- Half a green or yellow capsicum, finely chopped
- Half a red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- Half a tomato, finely chopped
- Half a cup of fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until it is time to serve. Excellent in tacos, fajitas, with salad and even with eggs as a huevos rancheros.